My mom used to make avocado deviled eggs when I was little. To make this popular snack into an actual meal, I added tuna and bacon for more protein. It is a little dryer than the normal deviled eggs because of the tuna, but they have so much flavors in them. They’re so different from your normal deviled eggs you won’t regret trying them. And expect a lot of stuffing leftovers, yum!
4 eggs, hard boiled, peeled
1 small can tuna
1 medium ripe avocado
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (optional)
Juice of 1/2 lemon
3 slices bacon
Dash of paprika and pepper
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise, carefully spoon the yolks out into a bowl
- Bake bacon at 435F or 225C for 10 minutes
- Mash egg yolks and avocado with a fork, take the bacon out and let cool on a napkin when it’s done, try not to eat the bacon…
- Mix tuna and lemon juice and pepper into the stuffing
- Break bacon slices into little pieces and add those into the stuffing. Mix in olive oil if it’s too dry for your liking.
- Spoon the stuffing into the egg white shells, enjoy!
Makes four servings
Nutritional Information for the recipe
Nutritional Information for one serving